Online Banking Help & Support
Here are some solutions to the most frequently asked questions regarding login to our online banking system. If you have a question that does not fit here please do not hesitate to contact your relationship manager.
How do I enrol for two-factor authentication?
You can use our 2FA Enrolment Guide to help you through the whole process.
I forgot my password
- Open the online banking login page.
- Click 'Forgot password?'
- You will be prompted for an OTP code (One Time Password). This is generated by opening the Turicum Authenticator app and pressing the key icon.
- You will receive an email from us with a password reset link. Open this link.
- Press 'confirm' to send an SMS to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the 6 digit code recieved by SMS.
- You will be prompted to set a new password.
I forgot my User ID
If you do not remember your User ID please contact your relationship manager.
What are the best practices for creating a password?
You should use a unique password; one that has not been used on any other website or service (your email account for example). Try not to use words that appear in the dictionary. A password of 12 characters or longer is recommended.
Our password policy is:
- Minimum of 8 characters
- At least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number, 1 special character
What is an OTP?
OTP stands for One Time Password. They are a sequence of 6 digits. These are generated with the Turicum Authenticator which is an app you need to install on your mobile phone.
Where can I download the Turicum Authenticator app?
How do I find the token serial number in the app?
- Open the Turicum Authenticator app on your phone.
- Touch your account number.
- Select 'Show Token Information'.
I don't like remembering a PIN number. Can I use my fingerprint instead?
Yes. Once you have added your account to the Turicum Authenticator, click the ⚙ icon at the top right of the app. Enable the fingerprint option to use your fingerprint to authorise future requests.
I have lost my phone. How can I login?
Please contact your relationship manager and request to reset your two-factor settings. You will need a new mobile phone and you will need to install the Turicum Authenticator again.
I have a new phone. How do I transfer my 2FA?
- Install the Turicum Authenticator on you new device.
- Login to Online Banking using the Turicum Authenticator on you old phone.
- Open the Settings menu at the top of the screen.
- Select 'Add new device' and scan the QR code with the Turicum Authenticator.
- You may now remove the old device from the Settings screen of Online Banking. The token serial numbers can help you identify which one this is.
I have reinstalled the Turicum Authenticator and now I cannot login.
Please contact your relationship manager and request to reset your two-factor settings.
I did not receive an SMS during enrolment.
This can happen if you are using a US or Canadian mobile number, or if you are roaming internationally. Please contact your relationship manager in these circumstances.
I did not receive an email during enrolment or when resetting my password.
- Check your Spam / Junk folders or corporate Spam filter and whitelist Turicum.com if necessary.
- Contact your Relationship Manager who can verify your registered email address.
What is two-factor authentication?
Two factor authentication is an extra layer of security to ensure that people trying to gain access to an online system are who they say they are. This can be through a combination of any two of the following:
- Something you know (password, PIN)
- Something you have (software token, hardware key)
- Something you are (fingerprint, face recognition)
Turicum Private Bank enforces a minimum of two-factor through password authentication (something you know) and a token saved in our authenticator app your phone (something you have). Optionally you may use three-factor authentication through the use of the bio-metric fingerprint reader on your phone (something you are).